Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Terrifying

I saw the craziest thing on my way home tonight. I was coming down Hurstborne (which is a crazy busy road in Louisville) during the busiest time of day. It's about four lanes deep on each side of the road and the speed limit is 45. All of the sudden, I see a man in a wheelchair, with a dog and a bag of groceries in his lap, rolling down the side of the street straight toward me, in my lane.

This particular stretch of Hurstborne doesn't have sidewalks, so he was just cruising along on the side of road. (It's about four lanes deep on each side of the road and the speed limit is 45.)

It made me want to cry. People drive like total assholes on Hurstborne and I hope that guy reached his destination safely. I wish he lived somewhere that he didn't have to traverse this road to get his necessities.

That is all.

No comments: