Monday, July 14, 2008

Chain letters, and neon, and misery, oh my!

I have never gotten a real, live chain letter in my entire life, but in the past two weeks, I've gotten two. I don't really know what to say about it besides those two people in Eugene, Ore., and Carlsbad, Calif., wasted their stamps. But isn't it weird? My mom used to get chain letters from time to time in the 1980s. I didn't even know people still did that.

In other news, the cast for season 5 of "Project Runway" was announced today and of particular interest to me is Blayne, who cites neon as a fashion must-have. "It just makes me so happy," he says. "If you cut me open, neon would spill out."

Blayne is from Yakima, Wash., where I worked for 3 1/2 years before moving to Louisville. Let's hope he's less embarrassing to my home state than the outgoing Miss Washington, who was also from central Washington.

Last, I am still recovering from another frigid day at work, where the overzealous air conditioning blows out straight over my desk. My work uniform includes my regular clothing, which is then covered with a zip-up fleece jacket and a pink fleece Hello Kitty blanket wrapped around the lower half of my body. I look like I belong in a wheelchair in a nursing home.

Meanwhile, it's like 87 degrees outside.

I wish my job would sprinkle all the money they spend on superfluous air conditioning into my paycheck. I'd spend the money on a new pair of gloves and a ski mask. Those are really hard to find during summer, by the way. Tomorrow, I'm considering taking in my Sorels.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.