Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Ch-ch-ch-chintzy!



Summary haiku:
Chia Pet is full
of seeds, but won't grow trademark
lush clover coat.



As a gag gift, Kyle got me a Chia Pet for Christmas. His job got a big shipment of them in a press release, so he thought it would be funny to wrap one up and stick it under the tree.

Shaped like a kitten, this prize came with a bonus alarm clock, also a kitten.

Once we got to the new house, I was like, what the hell. Might as well grow her for novelty's sake. So, I followed the directions to a T. I kept her filled with water. The package said she'd start to show plant buds in 3-5 days. It has now been 8 days, and this is my Chia Pet:



Covered in seeds. Just like it was on days 1 through 7. So, not only are Chia Pets ugly, they don't grow for shit.

Like the plant version of Sea Monkeys. Sigh.

2 comments:

lp said...

For some reason your chia pet made me sad! Ha!

Re your comment on my blog: I always liked Hal Holbrook, and I loved Dixie Carter on Designing Women. I was shocked to find out that she's a big time Republican so convincing was she as Julia Sugarbaker. That's very cool that you got to meet them.

As for Sydney, she had a starring role in that detective show Eyes which I really enjoyed but was short lived. Every Lifetime movie is a stinker but man, you turn one on and you're hooked!

Lisa Hornung said...

Poor, sad Chia kitty.

I've always wanted a Chia Pet. Don't know why. They don't really have much purpose.

Maybe Archie scared the kitty so bad all it's Chia follicles fell out.