Friday, March 6, 2009

Shootings, missing money and death by cupcakes

Today, as I stood in one of my work parking lots with my friend/collegue, Reem, this uplifting situation was going on in another Courier-Journal parking lot across the street. How freakin' depressing.

(And yes, I just linked to my husband's job's website because ours hasn't been updated with any current information since before noon, even though this happened on our property.)

So anyway, the guy died underneath one of my co-worker's SUVs. I bet she had fun driving home tonight.

Also, the hubs and me have been expecting our income tax refund -- the one with our awesome first-time homebuyer's deductions -- for weeks now. When it didn't drop in again today, we called the IRS to check in. They said they hadn't even received our tax return yet. Apparently, some filing glitch happened along the way. I'm having to take furlough days without pay and we're trying to put together a nursery! I want the extra dough now!

Finally, I left work early today because I was having a lot of pain in a scar that I have from a botched surgery from years ago. I also felt a little sad, so when I got home, I ate some bite-sized, frosted brownies from Whole Foods. And by "some," I mean six. The baby needs frosting to grow big and strong!

Now, I have a different, frosting-overload-related stomach pain.

Tomorrow is my much-needed haircut/color/eyebrow arch, however, so I expect to feel like a new person. A new, happy person who only eats two mini-cupcakes at a time instead of six. Also, I should exercise.

Happy Friday!

No comments: