Monday, June 2, 2008

Thanks, DHL, for your prompt delivery

There are four things that happen with my cell phone, the most infrequent of which is that it actually works properly.

1. Missed calls, voice mail and text messages sometimes don't register for a couple of days.

2. No matter when I program it to do, it either rings on the loudest setting possible or does not ring at all.

3. About one out of every four calls end suddenly with a loud buzzing sound, then the phone turns itself off.

4. Most phone calls sound like they are being conducted under water.

These issues have gotten a million times worse in the last week, so I ordered a new phone from AT&T.



It was shipped on Friday and they promise to send it on a two (business) day delivery through DHL.

I've been tracking my order online and my shipment arrived in Louisville at 6:48 a.m., so I was expecting that my new phone would be delivered today. But it wasn't. Now, it's not like one more day of this crappy phone is going to ruin my life, but I'm just saying... the package is already in the city. Would it really kill them to just bring it by? I saw the DHL truck in my 'hood while I was walking the dogs.

Yes, I'm impatient. Yes, I should have just gone to the phone store and bought it in person. But whatever. Hindsight, 20/20, all that.

On another note, I love, love, love Peter MacNichol. He's the president's chief aide on season 6 of "24," which I've been watching on DVD for the past week. I've seen him on tons of shows and he's such a good, versatile actor.



Although no matter how hard I try, I can't get the image of him whistling through his nose on "Ally McBeal" out of my head.

No comments: