Monday, June 30, 2008

Lucy the fashionista

Summary haiku:

Pink skull and crossbones
collar is perfect for my
gladiator dog.



So, a couple of months ago, I wrote a story about a pet psychic who would be doing local readings on various dates during summer, with partial proceeds going to Kentucky Humane Society.

Just for fun (and because I was invited), I decided to take Lucy and Archie to see her. My appointment was at 9:30 a.m. Saturday, the morning after the White Party at Hotel, which was a bit of a disaster, but that's a blog for another day.

She told me what supposedly happened to the dogs before we adopted them, how they felt about the cat, how they felt about each other, etc.

But the funniest thing was this: Lucy allegedly told the psychic to tell me that she was upset that her collar and leash weren't the same color -- that she wanted a matching set, like Archie. Also, she doesn't like that her collar has a design on it. She wants a plain one.

First of all, Lucy can't even see her collar. Second, I just bought that collar three weeks ago and it was $20, so she's going to keep wearing it for a while.

Still, I bought her a matching leash on Sunday. It's the same exact color as the collar, but without a design. If, for some reason, she felt less loved because her walking outfit didn't match, what the hell? Six bucks is a small price to pay for her happiness. Sadly, it came after I'd already spent $40 learning this information.

Say it together now: "Maisy, you're a dumb ass."

No comments: