Saturday, January 24, 2009

25 Things

So, I've been tagged to post "25 random things about myself" on Facebook, like, 8 times. And finally, I am bored enough to do it. But I won't post it there, because I'll feel too lame (in front of the people I barely know but are my "friends"). So I'm doing it here instead.

Feel free to ignore.

1. If I could get up early enough to make them, I would eat tamales or enchiladas for breakfast at least once a week.

2. I only thought I'd live in Louisville for a few years. April will make six years.

3. I sometimes wonder what my natural hair color is. But not enough to stop coloring it.

4. It may or may not be true, but I think astrology can explain a lot about a person.

5. Shoes are my weakness.

6. Lately, I've had a couple of dreams that Michelle Obama and I are friends, and we go shopping together at J. Crew.

7. Every time I buy a Powerball ticket, I'm positive that I will win.

8. The teenager in me would have never believed this, but I now hate talking on the phone.

9. It's so cold at my job, I usually huddle underneath a pink Hello Kitty blanket at my desk.

10. I watch Young & The Restless every night at 7 p.m. on SoapNet.

11. Mayonnaise, mushrooms and black licorice make me shudder.

12. Vacuuming and folding laundry are my two favorite household chores.

13. Converting over to one of those flat wallets changed my life.

14. I'm happiest when I'm wearing a dress and heels.

15. I have at least 50 shades of eyeshadow, maybe more.

16. It pisses me off when I can't sleep past 7:30 on weekends. Why do you wake me up, body? WHY?

17. I love the Golden Girls. I watch them a lot when I go to bed at night.

18. The heated seats in my car almost make winter bearable.

19. I wonder why so many people in Louisville are absolutely incapable of posing for any photo without flashing a peace sign or some "I'm the shit" look on their face. Is it a regional thing, or are they just idiots?

20. I hate that I live so far away from so many of my close girlfriends.

21. The two best Christmas presents I have ever received are: My dog, Lucy, and my GPS, which saves me untold amounts of gas and miles on my car.

22. I just ate some cereal and it wasn't very satisfying. Should have had toast instead.

23. Unless I want to cry, I have to change the channel when I see sad news stories about animals -- or when that ASPCA commericial with Sarah McLachlan comes on.

24. I'm starting to get some ADD writing this list. Ten things would have been plenty.

25. I'm counting down the days until the return of my favorite Sunday night shows: True Blood, Dexter and Mad Men.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

http://vimeo.com/1307623

Maisy said...

Awwww. I love it! ;)

lp said...

reminded once again why we like each other. :)

did i ask you if you're reading the books true blood is based on? that would be one of my facts - i have no f'ing memory.

anyway... SO DREAMY!!

Chellie has Issues said...

I love your list. That's funny, I don't hate talking on the phone, but I hardly ever do it anymore. Oh how things change. Thanks for sharing.

mErCh said...

since you love folding laundry so much will you please drive down to alabama and fold mine cause its definitely my least favorite chore.

i so can't wait til True Blood returns!! im reading the first book reeally slow to help with my withdrawals.

javacia said...

#23 -- I can't stand to watch that commercial either.