Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Rhetorical questions...

Things I can't wrap my head around today:

How I lived so long without a monster-sized sunroof (it opens over the front AND back seat!) in my car.

Why commercials insist "You're thinking Arby's," when really, you're thinking about the time Arby's gave you food poisoning and you ruined everyone's outing to the drive-in movie.

How a pair of flat shoes can be more uncomfortable than my favorite heels.

Why neither of my dogs have the instinct to catch popcorn out of the air, and instead let it ricochet off their foreheads.

How I'm going to have the time/motivation to finish my super-cleaning project before my mom arrives on Wednesday.

The best way to squirrel away enough money to buy a really fantastic handbag... the kind that goes with everything and lasts forever. The kind that costs around $300. I have several decent ones, but I just need/crave one one fabulous "Investment Bag."

Why I have been in the top five every single year at the Pick 'Em Football Pool against a stable full of sports-loving and sports reporter men -- usually around 35 people -- but so far this year, I'm in 14th place out of only 17 players. Sigh.

Why my neighbor insists on using a riding lawnmower on his small yard -- and does so shirtless, with a stogie dangling from his mouth. It's entertaining, sure, but also ridiculous.

Ah well. Back to dusting the blinds and scrubbing the shower with a toothbrush...

No comments: