Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Basketball can suck it





















Confession: I'm happy that the Lady Cards made it to the final tourney game and I hope they win. But overall, college basketball season is a synonym for "My husband works all the fucking time and I never see him."

Between the men's NCAA tournament and the ridiculous brouhaha over UK's new coach, Kyle has worked 20 out of the past 21 days. If I had a miserable relationship, I'd be happy I didn't have to see him. But I miss him a lot. And I resent basketball because I simply don't give two shits about any of it. But the worst part, as I said, is that he's had to work 20 of the past 21 days. And he's been taking care of me because I've had some health stuff going on that has rendered me pretty useless for the past couple of days.

The poor thing is so burned out right now. His next day off is Friday -- his birthday -- and I'm hoping he's not too tired to enjoy it.

2 comments:

Phillyspeedboy said...

Thanks slappy. I am kind of tired. It's just been a rough month or so. Thanks for missing me.

Organic Meatbag said...

I'm sure that Kyle is just is happy as we are that the BB season is over...why oh why did Kentucky have to be a BB state and not a Football state? Aye...