Saturday, February 28, 2009

Disturbia

Five Disturbing Things That Are On My Mind:


1. Signs in each of our bathroom stalls at work recently popped up, and I don't even want to think about what prompted them. They say something like, "If you have an accident, please clean it up as best you can for the next person."

What the fuck does this mean? That grown women cannot manage to do their business in the toilet? So often that a sign is required? Man, people are nasty.

2. I am a turtle. The more pregnant I get, the harder it is for me to get up from a reclining position without rolling around a bunch to gather enough momentum. If the phone rings and it's across the room, I probably won't get there before voice mail picks up. It sucks.

3. New iPod. I'm freakin' obsessed with it! Sadly, much of the music we had on our computer was lost some years ago when an apartment flood wiped it out. So I've been ripping CDs like a madperson and organizing my tunes like a champ. It's so much better than my old mp3 player! I recently got a voice mail from my best friend, Wendy: "You haven't called me back. Are you all cracked out on that iPod?!" Um, yes.

4. My cat is masturbating right this minute. I mean, get a room, Miles. Geez.

5. The Rocky Mountain News published its last issue today. A very well-done, but sad, video called "Final Edition" is posted here. I will no longer complain about the puny raises we get this year (1 percent or so), which are more than negated by the furlough days we're being forced to take. At least I still get a paycheck.

3 comments:

javacia said...

Those signs in the bathroom stalls are quite disturbing, but what's even more unsettling is going in one after someone has had an accident and failed to clean it up as best as they can. Trust me. We work with some nasty chicks!

Maisy said...

Ew, yuck. Do you know about the secret bathroom behind features? I try to use that one whenever I remember. I'll show you where it is when you get back. It's nothing fancy, but it's usually always clean.

Organic Meatbag said...

Well Maisy you have already heard of the bathroom follies at my workplace, so let me just laugh about your masturbating cat...come to think of it, he may have taken residency in one of the stalls here at work!