Monday, March 24, 2008

If all healthy food tasted this good, I'd weigh 90 pounds

So, I was looking for recipes on the Weight Watchers website and came across this awesome dish, which is the Raddest Dish in the Universe.

Seriously. I don't even like to cook. Actually, I hate it. Really hate it. But when I found myself alone on Easter weekend because my hubby was covering basketball games in Birmingham, I went to the store specifically to get scallops so I could cook. For myself. Just me. I can count the amount of times this has happened on one hand.

Anyway, besides the fact that it tastes fabulous with a capital F, here are three more reasons to try it.

1. It is the easiest thing ever to make.

2. You'd be hard pressed to get something tastier in a restaurant.

3. You probably have most of the ingredients in your cupboard already.


Pan Seared Scallops with Cilantro

Ingredients:
1 pound of scallops
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp table salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp light butter, divided
1 spray cooking spray
1/4 cup water
1/2 medium jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
2 tbsp cilantro, minced

Instructions:
Sprinkle both sides of scallops with chili powder, salt and black pepper.
Melt 1 1/2 teaspoons butter in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add half of scallops; cook 3 minutes on each side or until done. Remove scallops from pan and keep warm. Repeat procedure with remaining butter and scallops.

Add water, jalapeno pepper and lime juice to pan; cook 1 minute, scraping bottom and sides of pan to loosen browned bits. Spoon sauce over scallops; sprinkle with cilantro.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 3 ounces scallops, two tablespoons sauce).

(If you're a Weight Watchers person, one serving of this -- about three and a half large scallops, is only TWO points.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Maisy! It's Bridgette - I found your blog through facebook, of course. I'm curious - are you liking the weight watchers website? I was thinking of trying it but was wandering if if was worth the money...

P.S. Love your blog!!!