Thursday, February 7, 2008

Financially irresponsible people are ruining my quiet time

So, I've been talking about the fact that we moved for weeks. We're in. But with a new house in a new neighborhood also came a new phone number. And it appears that whoever previously had this number never paid a bill in their lives.

During the past three weeks, we have gotten millions of phone calls from a variety of collection agencies looking for the previous owner of this phone number. We answer and say, "We don't know those people. We just got this number. We are a different family." Then that one stops calling.

But the next day, another agency calls. And another. Damn, how many bills did these motherfuckers have? And some of the calls don't even have a real, live person to talk to -- it's just a recording. So I can't even tell them we're not the right people. And they keep calling -- sometimes the same agency calls four times a day, clogging up all our voice mail.

It's driving me out of my fucking mind! If I meet these financial delinquents somehow by chance -- and believe me, I know their names WELL by now -- I'm going to tell them to eat a fat dick and quit signing up for credit cards if they can't even pay the electric bills.

I can't even enjoy a quiet glass of wine without being interrupted every 15 minutes.

If you read this far, thanks for listening. I'm a little tipsy right now (OK, maybe a lot tipsy) and these fuckheads are messing up my relaxing flow.

2 comments:

lp said...

I live and die by the Caller ID.

Sorry to hear it... Maybe you can change your number again? Even better, track down these assholes and give the Collection Agencies their new number.

Anonymous said...

So is eating a fat dick a bad thing? Sorta sounds pleasant to me :D

But I am sorry to hear that. I am personally a little fed up with all the political calls.