Saturday, October 25, 2008

Judging Miss Maisy


Today, I had the pleasure of judging a pet costume contest at the Three Dog Bakery in Louisville. It was hilarious, and I wish there were enough prizes for all 35-40 dogs that participated. (But they did all get a free bag of treats.)

Now, I admit: Lucy and Archie do get Halloween costumes, but they only wear them long enough to get their photos made ... probably about 3 minutes. These pooches today were already dressed when they showed up at the spot -- and then they waited in line wearing outfits for at least an hour because the other judge was 30 minutes late.

So, kudos to all of those little (and big) guys because my dogs would have torn off their suits before we got out of the driveway.



And guess what? There was a little dragon named Maisy (above)! I couldn't really see what kind of dog it was, but she licked my hand from under her green suit. In fact, it's hard to get dogs to hold still long enough for a picture, so none of these pics are that great.

Anyhoo, I can imagine what some of these dogs were thinking (in haiku, of course).





Elvis (above):
I know you hand-glued
sequins to my cape. Sorry
I shook them off.

The Cat in the Hat, Thing 1 and Thing 2:
"I'm no fucking cat!"
"And we weren't twins -- until
you sprayed our hair blue."




Desperate Housewives (above):
The women on the
show don't wear housecoats. Where
is our damn glamour?



Rock star (above):
Oh yeah, bitches. I
know you want me. I'm yours -- for
a treat and butt sniff.



A bunch of grapes (above):
Squeaky scarecrow toy
and fifty dollar prize was
SO worth the effort.



Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's (above, the picture kept loading sideways, and I can't fix it. But it was too cute not to post.):
I am too fancy
to be in here with
pirates and pumpkins.

No comments: